To create a new project:
- At the top of the project list click new project.
- In the drop-down list, select the project type. For a repeatable survey, choose diary project. This means the respondent can complete the same survey multiple times (for example, for different days of the week). If you want participants to complete the survey only once, select survey project. In this latter case, once the respondent has completed the survey, it will no longer be listed in the Lumi Say app Home screen on his or her mobile device.
- Enter a name and a description for the project.
- If you want to enter further details, click advanced (see advanced survey creation options below for details).
- Click create. Your new project is created and added to the projects list.
The advanced options are as follows:
|Job number||An optional reference code that can be used to refer to the project when communicating with the Lumi Say Team (it is also the main reference for project billing). If you leave this option empty, Lumi Say will generate an automatic unique number. If you try to use a job number that has been used before, Lumi Say will warn you, but you can still proceed with it if you wish.||a-z, A-Z, 0-9|
|Default Language||The default language of the survey; this language will be used for all respondents if no other translation is provided.||drop down menu of languages (defaults to English)|
|Track GPS||If this option is selected, the GPS coordinates of the respondent will be saved when the entry is made. Every time the respondent takes the survey their device will attempt to take a location reading. It will use GPS and cell location (network triangulation), depending on what features are available on the device being used. The location will be presented as longitude and latitude co-ordinates in the report (please refer to overview of metrics for more details). Tracking GPS occurs in the background, and therefore will not affect the speed or performance of the application.||tick box|
|Auto Advance||If this option is selected, the respondent will automatically be moved on to the next question as soon as they tap an answer to a single-coded question (i.e. without the need to tap next).||tick box (selected by default)|
|Allow Web Display||Enables the survey to be taken on any supported browser; if this option is selected, respondents will not need to have the app or log in to take part. See Web surveys for further details.||tick box|